This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, March 23, 2008

Think Spring




Here are a few little Spring inspired images...

Thinking of April, 2004
a little pencil drawing no bigger than 3 x 2 or so...













Spring Rain, 2007
This one is tinted graphite, get 'em wet and they're bright...this just reminds me of the greening of spring after the soggy rains...



















A broken pencil lead added in the little leafy bits that gave this one its name...Spring is coming, 2006





It's still mighty chilly up here on my hilltop acre, but we're seeing the signs of spring, the bird population has expanded with the return of red-wing blackbirds and all the assorted other blackbirds...flocks of robins feeding on sumac berries and picking the ground where there is no snow, their territorial songs sung from the tree tops, "V's" of geese flying overhead, and ducks hanging around in the wet spot behind the barn...the male cardinal in his red glory calling out "What cheer-cheer-cheer-cheer!" I'm anxious for the warmth to comeback around, I poke about the yard, beginning the clean up of debris...the sunshine today beckons to me...

No comments: