This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, April 20, 2008

Feels like summer...


We reached into the 80's yesterday afternoon, it felt like summer, but it's not summer, and last night smelled like a summer night...the peepers were spring peeping, and the breeze coming through the window had the mild touch of a June night (sans fireflies, too early for them), weird weather...my gardens are already too dry.

But all of this made me think of a green night, so I dug out a picture of this black and green nocturne that I made last June, last night felt like this drawing...a full moon in a thin haze of clouds, the night took on a summer mantel, casting off the winter shroud with a shrug...

No comments: