This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Little Pieces of "Whimsy"

Some of my favorites are the smallest drawings...done in a 4 x 5 sketchbook that I carry with me every day, many of the images in it are taped off to 3 x 3 size, some spill out beyond that initial border...more often than not, they're pencil drawings, some are colored pencil, some are tinted graphite that have been saturated with water and scumbled with a brush, and then a drawing made over the dried result...

The Heart of Night,
5/27/2007


























The Red Window, 5/29/2007

















The Blue Window, 6/5/2007




The Window's Edge, 6/2007

Each piece pictured here is in a portfolio featured by request at the Contemporary Gallery, 230 Harrison Street, Syracuse NY (they're prettier in person!)

No comments: