This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, August 31, 2008

What I see...

This is a photo I took of a rock in my garden, just a random old thing, crusty with layers of minerals, its pedigree a geological history from way back to who knows how long ago, and here it is on my acre enjoying the light of day on one of my Fred's creations in the garden...it's one of my favorite rocks...it's not "a sparkly", I'm sure most people would've overlooked it, especially when it was covered with dirt...but my Fred and I both agree that it's a very cool rock with lots of stuff going on in it...


It's stuff like this that inspires me to draw, things like rocks and bark, leaves and flowers, mushrooms, moss, and lichens are so beautiful to me, their patterns free flowing...gorgeous...

Wandering Ripples, January 26, 2005
pencil drawing, approx. 3 x 7

No comments: