This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, January 25, 2009

Frost on the window

It's been bitter cold out there...and I've been playing with my camera again...this time, turning window frost into something other than what it is...thought I'd post the progression...initially I was trying to line up the tree branches with the frost, but they weren't cooperating with me and it was getting on toward twilight, so I was starting to lose the light...not all pictures are from the same patch of frost, but all the same window...and I tinkered A LOT with the color saturation and contrast...all for fun...








I especially enjoyed making these last ones...

I'm working on a new large mixed media drawing in the Celestial series, on such a cold weekend, I wanted something bright to warm me up...it's in that early stage, I'm documenting the mess...it's going to be fun...

No comments: