This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, April 26, 2009

Work in Progress from the Porch

A detail from an acrylic monotype in my sketchbook...from the Spring Series. I've fallen in love with the colors Naples Yellow and Powder Blue...they seem to go right together...

It's odd how April has suddenly turned into July...the summer-like weather has allowed me to spend time on my porch making art, although I usually end up cursing the breeze for causing my paper to flutter about, I love working in the fresh air and soaking up the sunshine! Tho' I might've gotten too much sunshine today, I'm feeling a bit out of sorts and have propped myself in bed in front of a breezy window, billowing curtains...tabbies are napping with me...robins calling out, a woodpecker making a racket...I did hear someone fire up a lawn mower earlier...too early for such things...

More experimental splashing about with water and graphitint pencils on a textured surface,



...and making acrylic monotypes...


...a detail of the "horizon line" this is the part that I am most happy with...

No comments: