This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Thursday, May 07, 2009

Saying goodbye...


I always have a hard time saying goodbye, and I had to say goodbye to my graduate assistant, Kat, who has spent the academic year as my "right hand" at my day job (I train them to become good collection managers/registrars for art museums, send them out into the world to find jobs and to live happily ever after)...knowing this end was coming, I spent the month of April making art...lots of art, varieties of mediums, different colors, textures, fooling around with this and that, and just when I was beginning to fret, I stopped and I let the dust settle, finally, I picked this one to give her as a parting gift...she's called, New Moon, it measures about 4 x 4 1/2 and I think I finished the last splatter on April 9th...funny...I wanted to go measure it just now to check the accuracy, and then DOH! Remembered she's gone! Anyway she's a little mixed media piece of pleasure, watercolor, colored pencil (water soluble Creatacolor pencils) acrylic, pencil, and...the kitchen sink (kidding!)...she did get quite wet in the process and the paper is puckered in the right way...

No comments: