This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Wednesday, June 17, 2009

River of Falling Stars series


I made this at about the same time as the others in the previous post, but tinkered a little longer before I felt right about it...I'm a sucker for blue....

What is it about the color blue...it's the color of perception...a boy color...but lots of girls like it, especially when it's a boy with blue eyes...it's a color that is cold or cool...or Hey, that's COOL! It's a color of sadness...it's also a soothing color...or one could be swearing a blue streak (0y, that's bad)...

This drawing is Just Blue...one blue colored pencil, I wore it down to a nubbin...

Sometimes, it is just blue...

What can I say...it's just a pretty color to play with...

No comments: