This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, July 19, 2009

The latest work in progress


This little guy has no name yet, tho' it's definitely part of the Bones of the Earth series...24" high, by 8" wide, acrylic monotype on canvas with sumi paper...I was working outside, but it was a bit breezy for comfort and suddenly became chilly so I packed up and came back inside...feels like rain (certainly does not feel like JULY!) I might do a little more today, but I need to take a break for a bit...have a cup of coffee...and think about comfort food for dinner...

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Poetic Artist said...

I truly like the series. I love the look 0f the texture and the wonder of color.

Mary S. Hunt said...

this is gorgeous
it has an etheral(probably spelt wrong) feel to it
and looks so textural..love this color combination too
adds to the adged feel..
just lovely!

ArtPropelled said...

I love your Bones of the Earth series and this one has such an interesting format that really appeals to me.