This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, July 26, 2009

New work...

Detail of The Waves (I was thinking of pink dolphins), 7/23/09 for Maryanna, acrylic monotype on paper...


This little monotype was given as a present to one of my students at work, she's leaving us after two years, I wanted to make something that reflected her sense of "magical"...yes, pink dolphins exist (in the Amazon I think)...well, they're in there somewhere...

Celestial Phases, Summer Twilight...7/25/2009, acrylic monotype on canvas with sumi paper

This little canvas, 8 x 8 has gone through multiple layers of changes for over a month, I had it hanging in my dining room since I first painted the original, and it kept "bugging" me, so since I didn't really like it so much, I attached the sumi paper to the surface and began to splash...oh it was fun! I think it's done (finally!)


Bones of the Earth series...this one is Granite, 7/25/09, acrylic monotype, 8 x 8, chine colle, Sumi on Stonehenge paper

The last one...


Bones of the Earth, Fieldstone, 7/25/2009, acrylic monotype, chine colle, sumi on Stonehenge paper, 8 x 8.

I keep making more...it's what keeps me happy!

1 comment:

Poetic Artist said...

All the new work is great..Just keep going.