This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, August 16, 2009

August night...

The Edge of Night, Cavatina, August 16, 2009, acrylic monotype on sumi paper on canvas board, 8 x 10 inches...

Finally finished it! This thing has gone through a number of changes for such a small bit...this morning I painted over everything (tho' there's still a ghost image here and there adding texture) and started over...it's that mossy green and brown that I'm so in love with lately...

A fitting end to the day...our little house guest...
(the baby bunny's story is at Upstate Girl...)

4 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

That is some beautiful mossy green! Some pieces require time and attention before they are "Done' big or small!

Seth said...

Beautiful monotype. Would love to see this one in person.

Anonymous said...

love this! also really like the page from your sketch book (or is that the cover?)

Curio said...

Beautiful art in every one of your posts. I love the ring...subtle yet ever present! Acrylic monotypes...something to explore.