This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Monday, August 31, 2009

What's on my easel?

Bones of the Earth, August 29, 2009, acrylic monotype on canvas board with sumi paper collage, 20 x 16,

Although I scribbled my signature on it yesterday just say to myself "It's done", I'm not completely satisfied with it...don't get me wrong, I like it...OH I HAD SO MUCH FUN...you betchya, I had fun...I love the colors, I love the texture, but I think I got into trouble with the orderliness of my shapes...the structure...if only it were more higgledy-piggledy...well, I'll have to think about what I might do next to make it right...

4 comments:

layers said...

You and I seem to have the same issue with our work--- this sort of order and structure creeps in when we want looseness and 'higgly-piggly". I have also been working on a painting that I am trying to loosen up on.
But I do like yours and love the textures and subdued colors.

secretfragileskies said...

Your work is beautiful, spare and ephemeral. It reminds me of the seasons we are moving into.

Poetic Artist said...

I seem to love it. You have so much texture and softness. Yet strong..

Mary S. Hunt said...

great mystery to the piece!