This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, September 20, 2009

and the sky was blue as can be...

The best blue ever...I lay flat on my back and stared at that fantastic blue and treasured it...treasured that it is there...I'm seeing it when I need it most...

I spent the day on the porch working on various bits of this and that, taking advantage of the gorgeous September day...it was in the seventies...

...and while lying on my back on the porch floor soaking up some sunshine (and popping my spine back in place, oh, yeah, that felt much better!) I saw these fantastic spirea shadows on one of the pillars...


Work in progress...progressing...yup, this is the one last week that I only wanted to show you the center because the ends were displeasing me so badly...nope, it's not done yet, but almost there...

I'm thinking about working in pastels again...ought oh...I smell new colors coming my way...

I'm still fooling around with my manuscript...yeah, the one I said I'd finish by Labor Day...well, I did...but not quite...I'm on vacation this week so I can take another tour through it again...and I think I will...

4 comments:

The Artist Within Us said...

The sky you are describing I have always called a 'Manganese Blue Sky' and this type of blue sky is always as a result of dry hot temperatures, at least here in Northern California.

In regards for not having something finished by the time it was planned to be so, well relax. Good writing or art can never be rushed, it must be allowed to evolve.

I hope that at some point in the future when your triptych is complete, that you might share your process.

Wishing you a wonderful week.
Egmont

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I have the same blue sky and it is in the 70's as well. I just got back from the neighborhood pool where I have been floating and looking at this blue blue sky.
I wish you as much time as you need and as much time as the art needs...may we all have time enough!

layers said...

I am also trying to sit on my back deck for the last few sunny days left, warm but not too hot is my favorite-- overlooking the sparkling water-- fall is coming and then our rainy winters-- so for now-- it is the last few days of sunshine.

Caterina Giglio said...

love your blue sky and really enjoyed your comments at cinnamon Studio!