This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, September 06, 2009

Work in progress...Bones of the Earth

Detail of left side...

I took a break from my editorial work on my manuscript The Fractured Hues of White Light to fool around with my colors...there's still much to do with this canvas (12" x 30"), it's pleasing me so far...lots of little things going on, still some big things necessary to work on...so far so good...I'm lovin' it...for a moment there, I thought I messed up the middle, but I think I pulled it back without losing too much of the pretty stuff that I had going on...tho' (drat), this picture doesn't really do it justice...

Detail of right side...sorry, everything is a bit crooked...

The weather has been gorgeous, so I've been on the porch most of the weekend (when I'm not napping)...I intend to be back out there in the morning...alternating between laptop and studio table...(the book is nearly done, I'm so close! Go to my blog Upstate Girl to read all about it...or read a bit about it.) I'm a bit on a literary high, I just had a reader finish reading my little ghost story Dusty Waters, and she wrote a sweet 5 star review on Goodreads.com (I've been doing little happy dances all day!)

3 comments:

layers said...

I love the subdued colors and textures and congratulations on your literary successes.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

This is a good time for you...congratulations!
I like this piece very much...wonderful detail!

Mary S. Hunt said...

and you write books too!..congratulations...i love ghost stories...