This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Monday, March 08, 2010

Yet another work in progress...

A Blue Moon Nocturne...? No name yet for sure...I'm still fooling around with it, so it's not done. I tried to take a picture tonight, but the lighting was so bad once the sun went down, it just wasn't working out...so here is Saturday afternoon's photo...the "moon" at the top is paler now...not much else too different, a few splashes here and there...I think you get the idea... I loved dabbling with the lower half, that turquoise corrosion color is juicy stuff...a very thin wash that I rolled on with a small brush... the back ground is a layer of payne's gray with a layer of my 'moss' brown (which is a mix of burnt umber, raw umber, and a greenish-blue color in a mangled tube that I've been squeezing the last of the last out of for weeks that might be called viridian, I forget.) Lots of subtle goodies going on in there...

No comments: