This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, April 18, 2010

A busy day...


A Chinese Dragon, 4/18/2010, acrylic, monotype and Sumi paper on canvas, 6 x 6 inches.
He was a happy accident with a random twist of the brush.


Corrosion, 4/18/2010, acrylic and modeling paste on cradled masonite, 12 x 12 inches...

This one I worked on last summer, as much as I loved it, I didn't feel satisfied with it...until today, I rolled my paint brush here and there...


Fieldstone, 4/18/2010, acrylic, monotype, sumi paper on canvas, 6 x 6 inches

I've been getting caught up with unfinished business....I had a good day...



3 comments:

Poetic Artist said...

I enjoy your work. It is the depth that always catches my eye.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Is that a perfect dragon or what?
This one is a beauty!

Curio said...

Wow, these are beautiful pieces! I especially love "the happy accident".