This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, June 06, 2010

A new painting...

Full Moon, June 5, 2010, acrylic, wash, monotype, sumi-paper on canvas, 30 x 12 inches

Oh, my, I had fun making this one...I dug into the blues to make it happen...the first layer is Payne's Gray with a burnt umber wash, then the white moon at the top...and I fiddled a bit and came to a standstill for over a week... well, that was while I was in the final stages of publishing my novel, so that took me off into another world for a bit of time before I could come back to painting mode last weekend and made layers on top of layers, shapes and marks, transparent layers on top of opaque...so this weekend I'm adding the finishing touches... I'm very pleased with how it turned out, she sparkles. I'm always experimenting, always looking for new directions...I have a few pieces left to finish, and some I want to "do over" because they're blah...so I have lots and lots to work on in the next few weeks...

My Fred and I have hooked up with fellow artists Ken Nichols and Suzanne Masters for an art exhibition this summer at Suzanne's shop! We spent Thursday night at the gallery drawing and painting, welcoming visitors. We're going to have an official opening reception on June 25th, 6-9 PM, The Gallery at Healing Arts Passages, 137 First Street, Liverpool New York.

1 comment:

Evangeline said...

Hi Laura,

I came to say thank you for your kind, encoraging comment on my blog, and now I just can't click away! Your work is really speaking to me. The texture and the circles. The way you use colour. So wonderful! Wow.

I am so glad that you stumbled on my blog, and that I stumbled back. :)