This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Saturday, June 26, 2010

Oh happy day!

Here I am waving to you in the midst of the opening of our little gallery at 137 First Street, Liverpool, New York! It was a beautiful night outside and beautiful inside, the local support of our effort was AMmmmm-AZING! We're trying to figure out how many people showed up, and ran out of fingers, so we're guessing about 60 or so...maybe more... many familiar faces from other gallery events and such that I've been involved in/gone to, etc...the lovely cluster of art lovers in the area who hear about an opening reception and graciously show up every time (Thank you!) I sold a painting and a book, that'll pay for our share of the July rent! It was a big night, and I'm totally wiped out tired in that fantastic good way of being after such a good thing...I'm buzzing, but have yet to "land"...there's a nap in my future! I want to paint...and will...but I need to relax, I need to rest...and regroup, get back to reality...


As more pictures come along I'll add them!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's nice to see you waving on your gallery opening. Congratulations! Pity it's not in the Liverpool that I know well.

merci33 said...

There you are: Following Your Bliss ;-)

It's such a wonderful high isn't it...working so hard to prepare, making certain everything feels right...waiting for 'the crowd' AND having the joy of a piece of your work finding her forever home...congratulations...sounds like a truly lovely evening...and you look very happy.

GOLD3N SN1PER said...

I really like your blog, It really helped me with my daily stress(: