This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Monday, July 05, 2010

Summer Night, a new painting...


It's still a work in progress, but almost done...there's still a little bit of something I want to do to it, a splash here, a splash there...maybe...I'll enjoy it as is for now...

I'm really loving the details...




If you look close there are browns and earthy colors in the layers below the green and Payne's gray, it was a painting that I started back in April and stalled out on it...and I left it hanging on the wall where it could nag me every day (FINISH ME!)

Here's the before:
It had a lot of cool possibilities going on in there, but it wasn't shining like it is now...

3 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

the texture is awesome...love love love the piece entirely!

Seth said...

This is looking wonderful. And I love the detail shots. They are works of art on their own.

Evangeline said...

How beautiful! The texture is amazing, and the colour. Love the detail shots.