This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, August 08, 2010

Summer time...

August Night, is a bitty, 9 x9 inch painting...a work in progress nearly finished... still 'living' with it... there might be some things added, but I'm not expecting to add anything too big... I can hear the crickets singing...


Midnight Blue, 8/1/2010, acrylic wash, monotype, sumi-paper on canvas 20 x 20 inches

I finally finished this one to my satisfaction... I was afraid that I had worked it to death, but when I went at it with the slightly off center dark stripe about two weeks ago I knew I was near to the end of the ordeal...
Mid-Summer Night (Green), August 1, 2010, acrylic wash, monotype, sumi-paper on canvas, 30 x 12 inches

I fiddled with this a little more, the lower right corner was bugging me, and now I like this better...

I just had a new exhibition of photos, drawings and paintings installed by Suzanne Master's at Gentile's Restaurant in downtown Syracuse, and we're gearing up for our second opening at The Gallery at Healing Art Passages on August 27th... these three little paintings will most definitely be there...

I did a book signing yesterday at The Gallery, it was well attended, and I did do a reading from Chapter 1, it was a good deal...my Fred video taped it, we'll see if it's good enough for a Youtube post...it felt good to be there and talk to people about what I do...

I think it's been a good thing, combining our efforts to have our little gallery space, it feels right... and we're already talking about what we're going to do during the holidays... that will be a special time for the four of us.

3 comments:

angela said...

I really like that last one :]

jbkrost said...

I love these....
seems you've broken away from the earth tones.
nice

Unknown said...

All of them are inspiring!