This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, February 20, 2011

Details, details, details...

Detail, Celestial Spring, the Phases of the Sun and Moon, 2007



Detail, Moonlight, 2009

Detail, There is more than blue going on in that sky..., 2010

Detail, Pastoral Window, 2007

Detail, Ancient Artifact, no. 3, 2010


Detail, Bones of the Earth, 2009

Detail, Celestial Spring, the Comet's Tail, 2008

Detail, A Mid-Summer Night, 2010

Detail, Mind's Eye, 2009


Detail, Ancient Artifact, Navigation, 2010

Detail, A Cold Day in July, 2007



Detail, Elemental Autumn, 2009
Detail, River of Fallen Stars, 2008


The news is...my Fred and I are in the process of creating our very first art book featuring us, of course...our paintings, a hundred images, or so...and in full color! So, I've been busy photographing and scanning, and writing about my paintings and process...it's been a good exercise in self-assessment...spending time with the art, thinking about what I want to say about what I've done...studying the details and really looking at these paintings, the big and the small, on canvas and paper...the comparison and contrast between us as artists is a visual conversation...seeing it all together in this form so far is breath-taking...it is a work in progress...I'll keep you posted...

3 comments:

Jann Gougeon said...

Beautiful paintings, Laura. And I'm reading "Dusty Waters". . . wonderful!

Evangeline said...

What an exciting project!

And your work as pictured above is stunning. Something so deeply satisfying and organic in the textures you create. Wonderful.

Barry said...

L- wow! Big project. If the details are anything to go by the book will be stunning. Must be interesting to see how you have dealt with certain themes over the year; as well as the techniques you have used on them. Hope it goes well for you. B