This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, October 19, 2014

Roses

I have only one rose bush in my garden that produces blooms annually...the others,more costly at the time of purchase, seem to refuse to cooperate no matter how much I babied them...this one, I bought for $5 at the end of the season and felt like I was doing a rescue...I do nothing with it other than let the leaves mulch around it in the fall and pull the weeds away from it in the spring and it blooms for me in spite of the Japanese beetles that I flick off of it...


Earlier this summer the blooms came and went, but these last five arrived after the first frost on our acre and they were stunning in spite of being slightly touched around the edges...


No comments: