This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Saturday, September 01, 2007

A touch of purple


Sometimes it's just a touch of color that I want to tip a drawing toward something special...something dear to my heart...but no one else's. This was one of those drawings that blackly rambled without direction until the purple touched off a spark, like a stained glass window, and then I smeared in with a Chinese white colored pencil to make some of the black lines recede into the background...I love the motion of this drawing, it rambles and swirls, ripples and flows...natural chaos...

Sometimes I have a hard time deciding which way is up, usually I settle for how it sat in my lap or which side I worked from the most, but I worked from all directions so for now I like it this way, but I also enjoy looking at it upside down...and from either side...

1 - 2 - 3 - 4...












No comments: