This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Ocean


I love the ocean, the few times that I've seen it, waded into it, and the one time I went on a whale watch (Gloucester), one of my favorite books is Moby Dick, and I grew up watching Jacques Cousteau...the ocean is such a fascinating place, a force...lovely.

This drawing is a mixed media, watercolor, color pencil, and pencil on Arches paper...it's a busy surface, and the lines trail along, swirl and curl, some of the holes have fine details that the watercolor made which I didn't have the heart to manipulate...there's an Art Nouveau essence about it...it flows and grows...

No comments: