This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Saturday, January 05, 2008

Dragons hide in the mist of distraction


Dragons hide in the mist of distraction, 9/26/06

Mixed media consisting of drizzled white acrylic paint, pencil and colored pencil on Bristol paper.

I'm sure you can spot the dragon...he's there...the title comes from a Chinese bit of wisdom from the Mustard Seed Garden Manual of Painting...if you don't have this book in your personal library, get it. It's one of my most favorite art books ever.

This old drawing was exhibited at both the Delavan Gallery (November 2006) and the Syracuse Technology Garden (July-November 2007).

It's got a little bit of everything going on in there, which always pleases me...and I always loved Dragons...

No comments: