This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Saturday, January 19, 2008

Escape


This one was simple, it might've taken all of ten minutes to do, it's small, 9 x 9 I think...just playing around with tape, an Ebony pencil, and then an eraser lifting some black off...then that right edge, a loose tendril looking to break free...

I have days like that...now and then, doesn't everybody?

Maybe, maybe not.

I have a little news on the book side of my creative efforts, I will be self-publishing my ghost story "Dusty Waters" in a few weeks time, I'm waiting for the details to come through, and my proof...I won the opportunity by being a participant in the Amazon.com Breakthrough Novel contest, so as a 4th place award I get to publish and sell my book on Amazon.com...kinda cool, don't ya think? It's not really the way I wanted to go with my writing, I have been hoping for a traditional book deal with an agent and all that, but so far no agent seems willing to take me on (yet, I'll keep trying). So...it's not much, but it's a start, I might be my own best customer...anyway...I'm working on drawings for the book cover, having some fun, I'll probably post my efforts after I make a bunch of them, and see if I have a favorite...or if anyone else does...my first one was almost a goner cuz I tried to make a guitar motif (since Dusty is a folk singing guitar slinger), but it didn't go so well, then I went at it with a what the fuck attitude and got it wet and went wild, beat the crap out of the paper surface...now I like it...funny isn't it? Sometimes that's the way it is...

No comments: