This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Saturday, January 12, 2008

Progression

See...before all of this, I did this and that and the other thing...I did some ultra real things like this little Jerusalem Cricket that I copied out of some book with bugs in it, I saw one of these when I was in Utah, so, I just HAD TO draw it with precision in colored pencil...I mean, it's not something that you see every day (If you're from Upstate New York that is...) I was very impressed by this bizarre looking creature crawling around the parking lot outside the camp ground laundry mat, sooooo...










I didn't always draw creepy crawlies...I loved making landscapes so I did hundreds of them...maybe a thousand mental islands...dunno...I lost count, but I thought I'd show you two that I still like quite well...


A monoprint of the wind in the trees...









...and the moon rising behind the woods on the ridge behind my house is a small oil painting...










This was my last representational drawing, two panels, pencil trees with a colored pencil dawn...






















This is a "Shard"...





Yes, I really have a thing for blue....



















And black n' white is my foundation...I happily return to it whenever I feel the need, which is most of the time...this is "For Cello"...I really love the sound of a cello and this little one made me think of it.













Surface Dusk to Dawn, is part of my current mixed media Celestial series...ahhhhh, progression is lots of fun!

No comments: