This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Saturday, March 08, 2008

The One Night Stands...

Tonight is a stormy night, I'm a little bit on edge and unsettled, so I thought I'd put up some pieces that go with my state of mind at the moment...


This odd little drawing, Election Night I made on November 3rd, 2004...the edgy tension of that night is reflected in the lines etched into the paper surface with a 6H pencil, then later on I covered the entire piece with darkest 6B bringing out the lines as white...










This is another odd little bit of darkness that I made in a night Moon and Coming Storm...it was one of those pictures that started off with one idea, but it went awry somewhere along the line, then I got mad at it and went at it with a "oh, fuck it" attitude and made more of a mess of it, and then...well, I played with it some more and this is what came of it...I look at it and say "Well, it isn't really all that bad for a bad night."























The skinny minnies...I love these little guys!














































Last one, New Years Eve, December 2007























A little bit of confetti in this one, I love using the broken tip of my pencil to make wiggly lines...

No comments: