This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Saturday, March 15, 2008

Leap Year and other days and nights...


A recent piece Leap Year there's something special about that extra day, and I was happy when I finished this bit on that day, done on a sheet of 14 x 11 bristol vellum finish paper, it started with graphite dust smears, and I followed the marks I made where the small chunks of graphite stuck to my fingers and dragged across the surface...it's busy and peaceful, it has several places where the eye can play or rest, or you mind can go into a free fall...it's fun...I made the white mark with a torn piece of tape, keeping it clean until I finished...I like doing that from time to time. I have several others like that breaking up the image into smaller pieces...sometimes the drawing on the tape is pretty too...too bad I had to throw it away!












Autumn Storm...













indeed, it was a dark and stormy night...








Autumn Forces






















Broken Thoughts




















I really wish I knew where this one went, I heard that it was stolen, imagine that, someone liked it so much they didn't want to pay for it...(wtf, huh?) I'm just glad that I scanned it before it went missing.





Morning Music





















Night and Day

No comments: