This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, January 11, 2009

Another in the "River of Fallen Stars" series

This one turned out a little more blue...it was months in the making, although I "finished" it (signed and dated) on November 30th, I was living with it before I posted (just in case I needed to make adjustments...but no...it seems fine, I had feared that I worked it to death...plus the photo I took of it after I finished it was too dark and awful...and then too much happening between my surgery and the holidays to fool around with another photo...even this one isn't so hot, but the colors are better...

Lots of splatter over the initial blue wash that I made way back in June or July when I started it, there's layers and layers of paint and pastel...very crusty!

No comments: