This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, February 22, 2009

Finally finished projects and another new piece

A little bit of this and a little bit of that...these three mixed media drawings are all works on paper, a heavily brushed white acrylic foundation, with a mix of Derwent Graphitint pencils and watercolor, graphite, colored pencil, and extra splashes of acrylic as needed...

Luna, 2/7/2009, mixed media, 6 1/2" x 6 1/2"...I had to follow through on a bit of the color that went sneaking under the tape into the margin...there's a part of me still slightly dissatisfied with it...I won't be surprised if I go back to it to "make it right"...which is very likely...I'll keep you posted...


The Bones of the Earth, A Suite of Field Stone Impressions 2/21/09, mixed media, 8 x 5, ...the foundation for this one was originally posted on 2/8/09 (inspired by last weeks post from my other Blog Upstate Girl, Studying Stones.)

Elemental Suite, from the Shining Sea, 2/20/09, mixed media, 14 x 11 (originally posted on 1/4/09). I didn't do a whole lot more to it, I just needed to leave it alone for awhile...it's not my favorite piece overall, there's elements in it that I really love when I take them separately...

I didn't forget to have fun.

No comments: