This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Monday, September 07, 2009

Labor Day labors...

Oh, I've had a fun day...I creatively kicked ass...
Bones of the Earth, Deep Ore, (Labor Day) 9/7/2009, acrylic monotype on sumi paper mounted on canvas, 10 x 10 inches.

I stepped away from my lichen encrusted stones and felt like making something with that lonely tube of vermillion sitting in the box next to everything mossy...the dark is actually the same dark mossy brown/green that I use in the other paintings, it just looks black against the red...

And then I added more bits to the long horizontal that I've been working on...and I'm in love wit it too...

Bones of the Earth, Upstate Fieldstones, (Labor Day) 9/7/2009, acrylic monotype on sumi paper mounted on canvas, 12 x 30 inches.

And I also finished the final touches to my manuscript The Fractured Hues of White Light, I just need to do some formatting and one more pass through with the spell/grammar check before I pass it to my Fred for designing...

It's been a very productive and positive long weekend!

1 comment:

Poetic Artist said...

WOW.. Beautiful labors of love.