This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, October 25, 2009

Work in progress...this is an orange one...

I worked on this lovely orange painting at the dining room table while I cooked curried butternut squash thai soup (OMG was that yummy!) on the woodstove...still much to do...I originally started with a delicate wash...then made a mess of it by going too dark too soon with the dark moss brown that I love so much...dang...so I painted over it all with pale umber, stone gray, and a white wash...then I went back at it again, the red gold wash (the color in jar on the table) and played with a pale green and the dark moss color...more to come another day!

And then...I picked this little painting off the wall (I originally worked on it back in August 16th) because I "saw" something that needed to be done...I think this time it's done...

Bones of the Earth, Granite Fieldstone with Lichen, 10/25/09
acrylic monotype on sumi mounted on canvas
10 x 10 inches

6 comments:

The Artist Within Us said...

I should show your photograph to my wife so she can see I am not the only one taking over sacred places of the house to create ones art.

Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful week,
Egmont

Caterina Giglio said...

I really love the orange piece and the soup sounds fantastic!

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Somehow making art and making soup go together.

heather noye said...

Both paintings are beautiful

Kelly M. said...

Got a good chuckle on this posting. I agree with Egmont -- no space is truly sacred from art-making. I love your descriptions of your processes -- keeps me hopeful!

Tonya Vollertsen said...

I thought making art in a space was what made it sacred! Messy, but sacred. LOL! Love them both and your thoughts on process.