This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, October 10, 2010

Finished it (finally!)

I added the children's moon at the top...I had to cut one out of paper for the size I wanted, and it went on perfect the first time~

Blue Sky Series, "There's more than blue going on in that sky..."

A detail, in the middle left, canvas and sumi paper visible

detail, lower right edge

detail of the middle, lots of yellow showing through

my latest pencil drawing in my sketchbook, I really love this one a lot!

A found painting... a pallet with some spray paint...I couldn't resist photographing it!
There are times I begin to become afraid that I've run out of steam and worry...What if I can't paint anymore? Usually, when I feel that way, I go back to my sketchbooks and draw those stream of consciousness drawings, cranking them out one after another...and then I feel better about everything again...so I've been going through this uncertainty... kind of rough few weeks, mostly because I haven't been feeling all that well, and I've been focusing on writing more since that's quieter...so it's a combination of things...


I've spent time on the porch today, sunning myself, storing up sunshine for the winter... staring up at that pristine blue sky and thinking about what I'm going to paint next... I painted over a group of canvases that were not working for me, and laid down some colors to work with for the Blue Sky series... and I have taken some scrap paper and scumbled acrylic washes on them for future collages... it's been a creatively busy weekend, and I'm quite content...

2 comments:

Renate Lutz said...

klasse oder einfach toll ;-)


Danke fürs anschauen lassen

mfg
rlz.

moondancenovel said...

You've been awarded the Versatile Blogger's Award because I love your posts! Find out more at:

http://moondancenovel.blogspot.com/2010/10/versatile-bloggers-award-october-232010.html