This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, December 11, 2011

Winter Solstice paintings

Winter Solstice No. 1, 12/11/2011
 Busy painting today...5 new paintings, all acrylic on Stonehenge paper with rice paper (8 x 8
 inches).

Winter Solstice No. 2, 12/11/2011

Winter Solstice No. 3, 12/11/2011

Winter Solstice No. 4, 12/11/2011

Winter Solstice No. 5, 12/11/2011
It's been awhile since I had a marathon painting day...I usually do a Winter Solstice series around now and give a few of the results for presents, the full moon that was out the last few nights inspired them...I'm pretty pleased with the results...a blustery little collection. I'm such a sucker for blue.

6 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

They are all wonderful...the 4th one holds mystery for me!

Ian Foster said...

I love your Winter Solstice paintings, they are very evocative of this time of year. I have nearly finished a Winter Solstice painting myself which I will be posting shortly.

Anonymous said...

Very nice...each catches the moment perfectly!

Sue said...

They are a brilliant series! Very atmospheric and powerful.
By the way: What is Stonehenge paper?

Laura J. Wellner (author pseudonym Laura J. W. Ryan) said...

Hi Sue, thanks for stopping by for a visit...to answer your question (I hope you come back) Stonehenge paper is a versatile multi-media paper, probably better known for its use in printmaking (I heard about it from my printmaker friends), Blick sells a sweet little square pad of it (8 x 8) that is perfect for my little series of pictures that I love to make this time of year...

Ellen Shipley said...

Happy Winter Solstice!