This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, July 07, 2013

The closing...




June 30, 2013

I not only finished a new painting last week Sunday (6/30/2013), but I had to say goodbye to the beautiful Szozda Gallery...Caroline was forced to close down because she wasn't making enough sales to meet the bills, which is sadly the fate of too many small businesses these days...however, it is a well known fact (locally) that Syracuse is a tough place for selling art, there's a thriving community of the faithful who cheered her on, so she followed her bliss to try her luck...

Last Call

(Many of the photos I snagged off Facebook...credit to Nathan Wellner and Steve Nyland for many of these candid shots of the day... )
Caroline!


Me n' my Fred
 
My Fred's sculptures (at the opening earlier in June)

My Fred's sculptures and glass by Carmel Nicoletti sharing a pedestal the day of the closing

skateboard decks...the yellow one I painted and the dark one next to it was painted by my Fred...






There's a good deal of talent in Central New York and this was the one professional venue that featured the local artists...there are other places in town, but this one is special...



The Intern and the Mom...
Our son, Nathan has been interning with Caroline for over a year, and Caroline's mom drove many miles to come help on reception nights...

One last look at how it was...

Bittersweet...need I say more?

No comments: