This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, May 11, 2008

Remember this?

Once upon a time, I had promised to show you the finished product of this gray colored pencil background that I made, so here's the before...




and finally (I just got around to taking the picture) here's the after...




I never really know where my pencil is going to lead me, but the colored pencil made an interesting surface for graphite to glide, it made natural skips, sharp lines, and the black took on a different tone, I will play some more with this technique again...only on a better quality paper, this sheet really took a beating...

1 comment:

Tish Cohen said...

Laura - I love this drawing. It's just beautiful. Your passion is really evident.