This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Saturday, May 31, 2008

Slivers of Time

I promised to show my latest effort with photos of my progress...some of them didn't turn out so good, disappointing, but I salvaged what I could...I set up at the dining room table for this adventure, made a big productive mess...

I taped three sheets of Strathmore watercolor paper 18 x 6 to a drawing board, I used lots of water, lots of gouache, watercolor, and acrylic paints, some color pencil, some pastel shavings, pencil sketching, and I shaved some water soluble graphite with my jack knife into puddles of water where it's dark dark dark...makes for a crusty surface...

The cardboard "ring" on the right is from a finished packing tape roll...makes nice circles, either by tracing with a pencil or stamping into paint and twisting it on the paper...

The pesto jars on the left contain the various colors of thinned washes that I have splashed all over...


Day 1
Day 2



Finished

It was fun making three at a time, I didn't really want them to connect like puzzle pieces, I wasn't going for a triptych, (to tell the truth, I wouldn't want to mat such a thing...I can do it, but if I don't have to do it, I won't choose to do it!) Ah-h, "The Triplets"... funny, like children, each one has it's own personality, just as I had hoped they would...



























No comments: