This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Wedding Present and other recent drawings


I made this one special for a wedding present for my friend Megan Dunn who just got married last week, I knew that I wanted to do one to add to her collection of other small drawings that I've made for her (one for graduation and one for a going away present on her last day of work)...I'm a sucker for weddings and happily ever after good stuff, so when I soaked this small sheet of Arches watercolor paper, the first stroke was the right side of the heart, which is the only side that I can draw consistently right, I always mess up the left side (I don't know why, it shouldn't be so tough to be symmetrical, or as close as one can get!) Any way...this whimsical little watercolor evolved as I splashed color and water throughout the day of its creation...I sketched a little to define what I needed to define, and then I tagged it at the top with Corinthians 13 just because I felt it was right.




I've been on vacation for a week, it's been nice to have the time to spend making lots of art, I did set up the picnic table studio on Wednesday...it was a paint explosion for a while...I finished nothing but have lots of promising beginnings in the works and reworking of things that languished in limbo...but nothing I want to share just yet... the point of the day was having lots of fun! Fun immeasurable! Favorite beer included.























Oh, yes...two recent drawings...these were made in May...

Pencil...my favorite...

"May" May 12, 2008





















"The Rain is Coming" May 18, 2008

No comments: