This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, July 06, 2008

I love this little one...


I really do love it...it's done on a scrap of RIVES BFK, it's approx. 6 x 4 inches, and not a very straight cut one either... there's just something delightful about the flow of watercolor on that velvety surface...I just let it go about it's juicy business, bleeding and drying, then I touched into it with various pencils for some detail after it dried, but not a lot, I didn't want to over work it...

Whenever I see this one, it always startles my heart in a special way...I can't explain it, only that I love this little painting...

And of course, Beethoven had something to do with it...Piano Sonata No. 14 "Moonlight" in C sharp minor op. 27/2...


Moonlight, Adagio sostenuto, Number II, January 3, 2006

No comments: