This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Saturday, July 12, 2008

Broken points and grays



I've been trying to restrain my temptation to go dark in my recent work, I got into trouble with my sketchbook last night playing around with a 9B pencil and wound up back peddling with a kneaded eraser...not so much a disaster, but it isn't anything that will see wall space in an exhibition...this little one from my sketchbook is full of my delicate touch with the lighter range of pencils and then I fooled around with broken pencil tips to create little jagged marks that are plant like...like bits of seaweed in the swirls of water...

March Symphony, March 18, 2008

No comments: