This blog is my portfolio of artwork, a journal about my process of making art...and the things that I have no words for...

*Copyright notice* All photos, writing, and artwork are mine (
© Laura J. Wellner), unless otherwise noted, please be a peach, if you'd like to use my work for a project or you just love it and must have it, message me and we'll work out the details...it's simple...JUST ASK, please.



Sunday, December 06, 2009

Progress...a little at a time...

It took some time to make the positive ID, but judging by the crinkles I think I got the right one...this is what I had last week...loved it then...but knew I had to be brave to go beyond this lovely start...

This was yesterday morning's effort...oh, I was so bummed after I added the burnt sienna, I thought for sure I ruined it, then I went into it with a dark brown, and then laid down some white on top of it while it was still a bit wet...I oooo'd and ahhhh'd, and so I loved it more...

This is today's work...I love it better...there will be more, stay tuned!

6 comments:

Poetic Artist said...

Loving the process..Hope you have a good week.

Ian Foster said...

Thank you for sharing your journey with this painting, I am eagerly awaiting the next instalment.

ArtPropelled said...

Hmmm I love todays work too and wondering what you will do next.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I love it more too! Nice progression and we see it without the angst...lovely with the rich browns!

layers said...

oooohhhh textures textures textures-- love them-- love to see your process too

Sharmon Davidson said...

These are great- i love the texture you're getting here. What's your process for these? I would love to see a little step-by-step demo or something!